Saturday, November 1, 2014

Back and Better Than Ever!

Hello friends!

I have not been around in a really long time. Last year was pretty rough for me, but I'm in a much better place now. I have a new and better! job (Assistant Band Director), I got married, and I feel a lot better about myself and my life.

I redid the site and have quite a few projects coming your way in the next few weeks!

But first...

ONE OF MY VERY BEST FRIENDS IS PREGGERS!!!

She had her baby shower a few weeks ago and I made her something special. I had collected a few ideas on Pinterest, but I settled on this one:


The link took me to BLISSFULpatterns' Etsy shop where you can purchase the pattern. After the time it took me to figure it out on my own, I wish I had just bought the pattern. But alas, I'm stubborn, so I did everything myself.

First I gathered my supplies:


They're colors are pink and teal, but I didn't want it to be overly pink because 1) Mama is not a pink girl and 2) Neither am I and I was going to be looking at it while I was making it so...you get it. (The towel is from Wal-Mart and the fabric is from Jo-Anns.)

Then I folded the towel "hot dog style" aka it is tall and not very wide and cut out the "arm holes".

I just eyeballed it.

Then I needed to measure how much to make the fabric piece. I knew I wanted to line it up with the bottom stripe-thing but still leave a bit at the top.


I cut it out and ironed it down into a rectangle. (I folded the top and bottom edges under.)


Then I stitched it down along the top and bottom edges.



Yes, it's uneven. Don't judge. But look how cute that fabric is!

Then I had to make the side-trim/neck-hole piece. I made two long tubes and an inch and a half-ish wide and sewed them together at the top (where it would be at the back of your neck when on).



I folded it over on the towel part, pinned and stitched it down.


Unfortunately, this was right in the middle of marching season so I didn't get any other pictures of the details. Sorry! I also put a small trim on the bottom edge.

Their shower was adorable! Her mom did such a great job!





As of one week before the due date, we are still not-so patiently waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment