Monday, December 22, 2014

Pin Cushion Jar

It's that time of year again!

DIY Christmas Present Season

For the first installment, I present to you...


I found this tutorial over at Make It & Love It. I'll post my version here however because mine turned out slightly different than Ashley's. And by slightly different, I really mean (hers are better than mine.)

But no hard feelings because this was my first attempt. Onward to the tutorial!


You will need:

-a canning jar (mine just happens to be a wide mouth pint)
-fun fabric (aka leftovers from a previous project)
-stuffing (fiberfill)
-glue gun
-fabric scissors
-a felt circle slightly smaller than the lid of the jar
-something to put in your jar (a basic sewing kit from Walmart)



How-to:

Place your fabric print-side down, then plop that lid upside down.


Put a good chunk of batting underneath the lid. Fold over a corner of the fabric and secure with hot glue.


Fold over the other two opposite corners and secure.


Continue folding in and gluing down the in-between pieces. I had to trim the fabric as I went because it was getting too bulky.


I needed to add a little more stuffing.


Then I finished up folding in and gluing.


And added the felt to make sure everything was secure.


Ta-da!



This was a quick and easy project that makes a cute little gift. I definitely plan on making more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment